The Lord has given The Prayer Institute a powerful vision of "Taking The World by Prayer!"
For the last 20 years, our purpose has been clear - pray effective, efficacious prayers that will produce
God's plans on Earth and build an army of praying believers.
To learn more about the Vision & Mission of The Prayer InstitutePlease Click Here
Pastor Suzette Caldwell
Board Chair & President
Intense determination to implement God’s purpose for her life would describe the character of Pastor Suzette Caldwell. She has committed her life to achieving excellence through biblical living. She strongly believes that any person who is willing to “walk by faith” and trust God will achieve their dreams and desires.
In 1986, Suzette graduated from the University of Houston with a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering. Caldwell’s professional career as an environmental engineer in the public and private sectors spans over 17 years. As an entrepreneur, she owned TC Consulting Group, Inc., an environmental consulting company. In September 1997, Governor George W. Bush appointed Caldwell to the University of Houston System Board of Regents. Caldwell is also included in the ordained ministry process of the United Methodist Church.
Presently, she serves as Board Chair and President for The Prayer Institute, a non-profit community-based organization that prays for the Houston metropolitan area and has taught thousands of people, nationally and internationally how to pray based on the Model Prayer (the Lord’s Prayer). Caldwell is the Team Lead for The Bible Study in North Houston and the What-a-Study in Memorial Houston. She has prayed for and taught thousands of people from all walks of life how to command God's will for their lives by praying using the Lord's Prayer and has witnessed miraculous answers to prayer. Under her leadership, The Prayer Institute has actively carried out its mission to take the world by prayer through its participation in local and national events, including the Greater Houston Partnership Annual Business Luncheon, the Global Day of Prayer, and two presidential inaugurations. In 2005, Caldwell led a chaplaincy team to pray for Hurricane Katrina victims at the George R. Brown Convention Center. She has also led prayer campaigns using strategic written prayers which have initiated and sustained powerful changes, including the development of a history-making 234-acre community in underserved central Southwest Houston.
In 2011, Caldwell was recognized as Author of the Year for her book, Praying to Change Your Life, which was on the Best Sellers List for African-American authors. She is also the author of Kingdom Words to Change Your Life, What Would Jesus Say?: Biblical Confessions for Teens, Kingdom Words to Change a Teen’s Life: Biblical Confessions for Parents and Guardians to Speak Over Teens, and I Can Pray!, a children’s book for ages one year to eight years.
On July 5, 2016, Caldwell launched The ONE Project, a global prayer initiative sponsored by The Prayer Institute. Her goal is to unite one million people in prayer for the purpose of seeing God’s plans implemented on earth as it is in heaven.
Caldwell serves as Associate Pastor for Windsor Village United Methodist Church, which has more than 17,000 members. Her service to the community, in addition to her technical career, has better equipped her to empower people to fulfill God’s promises for their lives.
Suzette, and her husband, Pastor Kirbyjon Caldwell, are the parents of three beautiful teenagers.
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
- Board Chair, The Prayer Institute, 1996 – present
- Member, The Children’s Museum of Houston Board of
- Directors and Advisory Board 2007 – present
- Member of the National Charity League, 2012 - present
- Member of Jack and Jill of America, Houston Chapter, 2006 - present
- Member, National Coalition of 100 Black Women, 1994 – present
- Member, Society of American Military Engineers, 1994 – present
- Chair, CityFest Houston Prayer Campaign, 2005 – 2006
- Member, Teach For America Advisory Board, 2000 – 2006
- Chair, Operation Compassion Chaplaincy for Hurricane Katrina Victims, 2005
- Member, American Cancer Society Advisory Board, 1996 – 1997
- Volunteer, Child-Centered Initiative for Public School Reform in the Houston Metropolitan Area, 1996
- Regent, University of Houston System, 1997 – 2003
- Easter Seals Hats Off to Mothers Honoree
- Diamond Leadership and Service Award, HER Call Ministries
- Brenda J. Davis Community Award, D-Mars Communications
- Distinguished Alumna Award, University of Houston Alumni Association
- Distinguished Community Service, Professional Women’s Fellowship
- Philanthropy In Texas Hall of Fame
- Makeda Award, National Association of 100 Black Women
- Community Service Award, Suburban Sugar Land Women
- Samaritan Spirit Award, Samaritan Center for Counseling and Education
- Achievement Award for Special Acts of Service, US Army Corps of Engineers
- Sustained Superior Performance Award, Environmental Protection Agency
- Gold Team Award, ENSR Consulting and Engineering
- Spot Bonus Award, ENSR Consulting and Engineering
- Letter of Commendation, US Air Force
The Prayer Institute Board of Directors
To read Jane's complete bioClick Here
To read Joseph's complete bioClick Here
To read Floyd's complete bioClick Here
To read Jacquetta's complete bioClick Here
Behold, How good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!